Therapy and Therapeutic Programs
Creekside offers a variety of therapy and therapeutic progams for special needs children and their families.
- Animal Assisted Therapy. Creekside provides animal assisted therapy to improve the social, emotional, and cognitive functioning of special needs children and at-risk youth. We have two certified animal assisted therapists on-site.
- Parents and Caregivers of Special Needs Children Support. Parents and caregivers of special needs children meet regularly to offer encouragement and support at social gatherings throughout the year.
- Individual, Child, and Family Counseling. Christi Kersten, a Licensed Professional Counselor and parent of two autistic children, has an on-site office at Creekside and is available to provide counseling services for adults, children, couples and families. Fees are based on a sliding scale to make it affordable to all. For more information or to make an appointment, go to www.creeksidechristiancounseling.com.
- Special programs presented by certified therapists for parents and caregivers. Creekside works with ABA, speech, occupational and other therapists to develop programs and therapies specifically designed for children with special needs and youth with challenging behaviors and their families.
- Therapeutic garden. A professionally designed, evidence-based therapeutic garden was created to meet the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of special needs children and their families.