Creekside's Special Events
View previous event photo galleries by clicking on the event below.
- Global Giving Day - May 7, 2015
- Sewing Class - March 7, 2015
- Managing Problematic Behaviors in Children with Special Needs - January 24, 2015
- Halloween Spooktacular Science and Sensory Day - November 1, 2014
- Digging Up the Past about Dinosaurs - July 30, 2014
- Project Nestwatch - May 2014
- The Great Backyard Bird Count - February 15, 2014
Global Giving Day - May 20, 2015
Twenty-one volunteers from the NRG Limestone Power Plant in Jewitt, Texas gave of their time and energy on a hot day to build an outdoor education pavilion at Creekside. Volunteers also weeded gardens, helped students harvest potatoes and assisted with educational activities during transition class. We are so grateful for the generosity of both the employees and NRG Limestone for helping us to serve special needs youth and their families!
Sewing Class - March 7, 2015
This workshop allowed special needs children and young adults to learn to sew. Students made a pillowcase with their name on it and got to take it home with them.